It is one more prestigious award for the Constant Escapement L.M., which received the 2013 Aiguille d’Or at the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève. It is also a testament to Girard-Perregaux’s watchmaking legacy, technical mastery and capacity to innovate.
“We are honoured to receive this award”, says Michele Sofisti CEO of Girard-Perregaux and Sowind Group. “This acknowledgment is even more significant considering that watch enthusiasts worldwide voted for our Constant Escapement L.M.”
"We are very pleased that the Girard Perregaux Constant Escapement L.M. was the winner of our TimeZone Watch of The Year award. It represents everything that our large international community likes; a ground breaking timepiece yet deeply inspired by traditional Haute Horlogerie" says William Massena, Managing director of TimeZone.
Girard-Perregaux Constant Escapement L.M. at a glance
- A revolutionary concept addressing a holy grail of watchmaking, Constant Force. A completely new architecture and design of the escapement (3 different patents).
- Unprecedented precision: a victory over waning power in traditional mechanical watches, through constant power delivery to the oscillator meaning constant amplitude and constant rate.
- Avant-garde materials and advanced technology. Use of a 14 micron silicon buckled-blade, a strategic component 6 times thinner than a human hair.
- Long power reserve and linear indicator due to an innovative double twin barrel (patent pending). A total length of 3 meters of barrel spring.
- Avant-garde design inspired by the Girard-Perregaux tradition.